THEME: THE MOUNTAIN OF COVENANT AND INSTRUCTIONS– Ex.19-20, 24 (Part I)
Recall introduction of Mountain of Testimonies from part 1. Today, our focus by the Spirit of God is on the Mountain of Covenant and Instructions. This Mountain of Covenant and Instructions is Mount Sinai. Prompt obedience of instructions of God guarantees success in life and unmatchable benefits e.g. our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is our pattern example of perfect obedience, to God The Father. Matt.28:18.
What happens at Mount Sinai, the place of revelation?
- Mount Sinai (Ex.19-20,24)
- Mount Sinai is a place of covenant and instructions. God reveals Himself at Sinai. You say but how; that was in Biblical times? Really! God is still revealing Himself to us, even as you are reading this material now; God is still communicating something to you. The real question is: “are you willing to listen for just a moment to hear what He is saying to you?” Then God will empower your obedience.
…for by strength shall no man prevail (1 Sam.2:9b).
- Moses received the ten commandments from God, a symbol of God’s covenant with Israel
- We are spiritual Israelites Rom 2.28-29, Gal.3:39
What happens in Mount Sinai?
- Mount Sinai is a place of total obedience to the word of God 1 Sam19:5
- Mount Sinai is a place where God set His people (The Church) apart; special treasure on earth unto Himself to preserve the knowledge and worship of God; as priests unto God
- Mount Sinai is a place of divine presence where God’s protection over His church is absolute and complete.
- It is a place of revelation and hearing the voice behind the word of God for exploits in the Kingdom of God; the people will hear and trust the word of God
- Mount Sinai is a place of consecration for worship of the Lord
- Mount Sinai is a place of supplication with instant answers from God
- Mount Sinai is the place where God inaugurated the Old Testament church in grandeur and awe. Ex.19:7,8. The Old Testament church was the church in the wilderness. Today, Jesus Christ is the head of the new Testament church and believers like you is the body of Christ (Church). That is why by divine wisdom, God by selection of same reason instituted the New Testament church. Jn.1:17.
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (Jn. 1:17)
- More importantly, let me ask, “have you prepared yourself before the Lord? Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
Unsure, then say this simple prayer of salvation:
Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. According to Acts 2:21:
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
I am calling on You. I pray and ask you to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10:
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
I confess that Jesus is Lord and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. I am now born again, I am a Christian, a child of the Almighty God. I am saved in Jesus Precious Name. Amen. Glory be To God.